- Supports Two CardBus Sockets
- 1A, 0.08Ω Max VY VCC Switch (MAX1601 only)
- 1A, 0.14Ω Max VX VCC Switch
- Soft Switching for Low Inrush Surge Current
- Overcurrent Protection
- Overcurrent/Thermal-Fault Flag Output
- Thermal Shutdown at Tj = +150°C
- Independent Internal Charge Pumps
- Break-Before-Make Switching Action
- 10µA Max Standby Supply Current
- 5V and 12V Not Required for Low-RDS(ON) 3.3V Switching
- Complies with PCMCIA 3V/5V Switching Specifications
- Super-Small, 28-Pin SSOP Package (0.2in. or 5mm wide)
- System Management Bus (SMBus) Serial Interface
Other key features include guaranteed specifications for output current limit level, and guaranteed specifications for output rise/fall times (in compliance with PCMCIA specifications). Reliability is enhanced by thermal-overload protection, accurate current limiting, an overcurrent-fault flag output, undervoltage lockout, and extra ESD protection at the VCC/VP-P outputs. The SMBus™ serial interface is flexible, and can tolerate logic input levels in excess of the positive supply rail.
The MAX1604 and MAX1601 are identical, except for the MAX1604's VY switch, which has roughly three-times the on-resistance (typically 140mΩ). The MAX1601/MAX1604 fit two complete CardBus/PCMCIA switches into a space-saving, narrow (0.2in. or 5mm wide) SSOP package.