- Charges Any Battery Chemistry: Li-Ion, NiCd, NiMH, Lead Acid, etc.
- Intel SMBus 2-Wire Serial Interface (MAX1647)
- Intel/Duracell Level 2 Smart Battery Compliant (MAX1647)
- 4A, 2A, or 1A Maximum Battery-Charge Current
- 11-Bit Control of Charge Current
- Up to 18V Battery Voltage
- 10-Bit Control of Voltage
- ±0.75% Voltage Accuracy with External ±0.1% Reference
- Up to 28V Input Voltage
- Battery Thermistor Fail-Safe Protection
In addition to the feature set required for a level 2 charger, the MAX1647 generates interrupts to signal the host when power is applied to the charger or a battery is installed or removed. Additional status bits allow the host to check whether the charger has enough input voltage, and whether the voltage on or current into the battery is being regulated. This allows the host to determine when lithium-ion batteries have completed charge without interrogating the battery.
The MAX1647 is available in a 20-pin SSOP with a 2mm profile height. The MAX1648 is available in a 16-pin SO package.