Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Demonstrates the Capabilities of the DS2438 Smart Battery Monitor, Including:
- Temperature Measurement
- Voltage Measurement
- Current Measurement
- Current Accumulation
- Elapsed Time
- Information Storage
- Provides Small-Volume DS2438 Programming Support
- Interfaces to the USB Port of a PC Running Windows XP® or Older Operating System
- Cell Phones
- Digital Still Cameras
- Digital Video Cameras
- Palmtops, Handy Terminals (incl. barcode)
- Pen Entry Palmtops, PDAs and Organizers
- Smart Battery Packs/Chargers
Several jacks on the board allow easy connection to bench power supplies and to the serial port of a PC. The ZIF socket supports multiple parts.
The included software enables low-volume device programming with a real-time display of the temperature, voltage, current, accumulated current, and elapsed time measurements. In addition, the user can calibrate current measurements using the DS2438's offset calibration register and other features.