Price (See Notes)
Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
Price (See Notes)
- Relative Capacity Calculated from Combination Coulomb Counter and Open-Circuit Cell Voltage (OCV) Battery Model
- Accurate Warning of Low-Battery Conditions Even on First Cycle (No Learn Cycle Needed)
- 12-Bit Battery Voltage Measurement
- ±10mV Accuracy
- 1.22mV LSB, 0V to 4.5V Input Range
- 11-Bit Bidirectional Current Measurement
- 25µV LSB, ±51.2mV Dynamic Range
- 1.67mA LSB, ±3.4A (RSNS = 15mΩ)
- Current Accumulation Measurement Resolution
- ±204.8mVh Range
- ±13.65Ah (RSNS = 15mΩ)
- Internal Temperature Measurement
- 0.125°C LSB, ±3°C Accuracy
- Two 11-Bit Auxiliary Input-Voltage Measurements
- ±8 LSB Accuracy, Ratiometric Inputs Eliminate Supply Accuracy Issues
- VOUT Pin Drives Resistive Dividers, Reduces Current Consumption
- 2-Wire Interface
- Low Power Consumption
- Active Current: 50µA (typ), 80µA (max)
- Sleep Current: 1µA (typ), 3µA (max)
- 3G Multimedia Wireless Handsets
- Digital Audio (MP3) Players
- Digital Still Cameras
Remaining capacity is reported in percent, along with cell voltage, current, and temperature information. Cell characteristics and application parameters used in the calculations are stored in on-chip EEPROM.
The DS2786B is intended for use on the host side of portable devices, though it can also be mounted within a battery pack. Measurement and estimated capacity data are accessed through an I²C interface. Temperature data is available from an on-die sensor. Resistance measurements of a pack identification resistor and pack thermistor are supported by ratiometric measurements on two auxiliary inputs.
The DS2786B comes in a 10-pin, lead-free, TDFN 3mm x 3mm package with an exposed pad (EP).