- Low Power Consumption
- Battery Standby Current 17µA (typ)
- Battery Shutdown Current 2.5µA (typ)
- Delivers USB Compliance and Flexibility
- Compliant with USB Type-C Specification Revision 1.3
- Compliant with USB Battery Charger Specification Revision 1.2
- Detects Proprietary Chargers such as Apple® and Samsung®
- Simplifies Complex System Designs
- Integrated Overvoltage Protection
- Negative Swing Audio Capable Hi-Speed USB/UART Switches
- Automatic Switch and Charger Interface Control
- Full Control through I2C Interface
- Interrupts for Device Status Changes
- Improves Quality and Reliability
- Automatic Factory Mode Configuration
- USB Type-C Port Moisture Detection
- Low-Corrosion DRP Mode
- Robust Protection
- VB Connection Withstands up to +30V
- VB Surge Protection up to ±120V
- ±15kV HBM ESD Protection on CC1, CC2, SBU1 and SBU2 Pins
- ±6kV HBM ESD Protection on CDP and CDN Pins
- ±15kV Air-Gap IEC 61000-4-2 on CC1, CC2, SBU1, and SBU2 Pins
- ±8kV Contact Discharge IEC 61000-4-2 on CC1, CC2, SBU1, and SBU2 Pins
- Saves Board Space
- 2.62mm x 2.02mm WLP Package
- DSCs and Camcorders
The MAX20342 is a USB Type-C® charger detector that is also capable of detecting chargers compliant with the USB Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2. The USB Type-C charger detection circuitry functions as a UFP or DRP depending on factory configuration.
The device implements USB Type-C detection logic and enables systems to support charging based on USB Type-C ports. The device also includes charger detection capability for BC1.2 compatible chargers and detects USB standard downstream ports (SDPs), USB charging downstream ports (CDPs), dedicated charger ports (DCPs), and other proprietary chargers. GPIO outputs allow the MAX20342 to control an external lithium-ion (Li+) battery charger based on charger detection results.
The MAX20342 integrates a resistance detection block that can be used to automatically configure factory configuration states based upon attached resistors. Additionally, the resistance measurement can be configured to detect the presence of moisture in the USB Type-C connector.
The MAX20342 also features an integrated low on-resistance, low-capacitance double-pole double-throw (DPDT) USB switch that can pass Hi-Speed USB, full-speed USB, low-speed USB, and UART signals. The switch position can be automatically configured by the USB detection logic or manually controlled.
The MAX20342 features high-ESD protection up to ±15kV human-body model (HBM) on CC1, CC2, SBU1, and SBU2 pins. The CDP and CDN pins are protected against ESD up to ±6kV. The MAX20342 is specified for ±15kV Air-Gap and ±8kV Contact Discharge IEC 61000-4-2 on the CC1, CC2, SBU1, and SBU2 pins. The MAX20342 is available in a 24-bump, 0.4mm pitch, 2.62mm x 2.02mm wafer-level package (WLP) and operates over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.