- Synchronous Boost Converter
- -3.8V to 5.25V Output in 50mV Steps
- 500mA, 1A, and 2A Output Versions
- 3.0V to 4.0V Operating Supply Voltage
- True Output Shutdown
- 2.2MHz Switching Operation
- Open-Drain Reset Output Pin (Active-Low RESET)
- Spread-Spectrum Enable Pin (EN)
- High Precision
- ±1.5% Output-Voltage Accuracy
- 93V ±2% Undervoltage Monitoring
- 107V ±2% Overvoltage Monitoring
- Good Load-Transient Performance
- Robust for the Automotive Environment
- Current-Mode Control, Forced-PWM, and Skip Operation
- Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protection
- 12-Pin (3mm × 3mm) TDFN
- 8-Pin (0.150”) SOIC (MAX20471 Only)
- -40°C to +125°C Automotive Temperature Range
The MAX20471, MAX20472, and MAX20473 are highefficiency, low-voltage DC-DC converters that boost a 3.0V to 4.0V input supply to between 3.8V and 5.25V (factory configurable) at 500mA, 1A, or 2A. The boost converters achieve ±1.5% output error over load, line, and temperature ranges.
The ICs feature a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency, forced pulse-width modulation (FPWM) mode for better noise immunity and load-transient response, as well as a pulse-frequency modulation (skip) mode for increased efficiency during light-load operation. The 2.2MHz frequency operation enables the use of all-ceramic capacitors and minimizes external components. The programmable spread-spectrum frequency modulation minimizes radiated electromagnetic emissions. Integrated low RDS(ON) switches improve efficiency at heavy loads, which make the layout a much simpler task with respect to discrete solutions.
Other features of the parts include true output shutdown, soft-start ramping, overcurrent limiting, and overtemperature protection.